vendredi 28 mars 2014

GREG(O)RIAN - SKARTHIA - CURSED AS ANGELS - VICTIM IDENTIFIED - INFECTED DEAD (08/03/14) @ THE IVY, SHEERNESS

GREG(O)RIAN - SKARTHIA - CURSED AS ANGELS - VICTIM IDENTIFIED - INFECTED DEAD (08/03/14) @ THE IVY, SHEERNESS - by Cez


So, after 4 years, local death grind due Victim Identified are making a come back. Since I have in the past taken a photo of the front mans cock, I thought I should drop by...

First up is Greg(o)rian. Doom drone trio from London / Essex way. After seeing them in 2013 I was looking forward to their set, and had dragged down a bunch of mates to see them, and we was not disappointed! Performing a much more 'in your face' and aggressive set than last time, with a few joking about 'br000tlzz' poses for laughs, these boys hold the audience and churn stomachs with their low end doom.

Skarthia have the novelty of having a girl in the band, and during the first track they have her doing backing vocal. Bad move. She just does not have the power behind her voice to fit the rest of the band, and I nearly give up. But I stuck around and glad I did! They spend their set smashing through some super fast heavy metal, loud chunky and in your face bruv!

Cursed as angels, I missed these chaps.. my bad..

Victim Identified... So 4 years since their last shows, they are back. No new songs, no rehearsals.. no new members.. So what's different? The drum track. There is bass with the pre recorded drums, and the boys have gained some weight. The joy of getting old I guess.

After 4 years, it was like going back to the old days. The set and performance was just as it used to be.. But its not all the same. Back in the day these lads used to pull a pretty big crowd, and with this being a come back show for local(ish) lads, you would think that there would be a big crowd for them, but no. Not really. There seemed to be more people sitting outside smoking and chatting than in the venue. Sadly this is the norm at the Ivy these days. Bad times. A decent set, a disappointing turn out.

Head liners tonight are Infected dead, another popular local troop who play some decent heavy death trash type noise. I think. I didn’t stick about to catch them on this night, since I was turtle heading and ain't no way in hell I'm doing a crap at the Ivy!

A good night. A fair few people about, just a shame most people spent most of the night out in the garden.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire